Why You Should Think Twice Using Rat Poisons

There are numerous chemicals used today to poison rats and mice that live in people’s homes and different storages. Some of these chemicals have been known for centuries due to their effectiveness and quick action. Today, they are among the most popular ways to fight rodents that are used by both common people and special extermination services.

Rodenticides as They Are

There are poisons that are called rodenticides. They are meant particularly for rats, mice, and some other rodents that are not that numerous. In the majority of cases, these poisons are sold as ready blocks to be used in traps. They also come in powders or liquids that should be mixed in a certain way. However, poisons have one very serious drawback: they are extremely poisonous for all animals and humans. Unlike poisons that are used for insects at home, which are almost totally harmless for people, A specialist is looking for ratsrodenticides are very dangerous. Besides that, their effectiveness for rats can be smaller than their danger for humans. Each rat family (that can involve up to 200 members) has a special member that tastes all the food they decide to eat. If such a rat dies from poison, none of the family will dare touch the same piece of food. Keeping this fact in mind, services like http://www.indianapolispestcontrolservices.com/services/ use different means that help them to exterminate rodents, without getting fixed on one method.

How These Poisons Work for Both People and Rats

All poisons meant for rodents can be divided into two large groups. The first one involves poisons that work quickly. These poisons are usually sprayed in the air. After walking on the surface that was sprayed with this poison, a rodent collects it on the fur and paws. Licking their paws, rodents swallow the poison that kills them from the inside.  Zoo-cumarine poisons are the so-called “chronic” killers. They do not kill animals immediately, but get collected in the body, causing more and more influence on all systems.

These poisons have the same effect on humans. Vapors of a poisonous powder can be inhaled. Rodents that walk on a poisoned surface can later touch food. Pets (especially cats and dogs) can touch poisoned items and lick the substance or transmit it over to kids. That is why if you are planning on poisoning rats and mice in your home, you need to think twice. Maybe, it makes more sense to spend more money and have a safe ultrasound device that will scare the beasts away?

Short URL: http://www.global-updates.com/?p=1252

Posted by on Jul 7 2013. Filed under Home and Family. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed